Tattoos?

I've been wanting to get a tattoo for my son since before he was born. His name is Shooter so I was planing on getting a revolver with his name in it somewhere. I just don't really know where to put it or what else would look nice. If anyone has any pictures that would help.

bassyentihw

Asked by bassyentihw at 11:47 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I really like that idea and your sons name (I am a huge Shooter Jennings fan). Find a picture of a pretty old fashioned gun with lots of detail to it. I've seen some revolver tats done on the inside of your forearm and they looked real good there.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 12:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• How old is your son? My sons got tats, but it was their decision and in their time. I don't think you should be the one making that decision..... maybe there is more information that you didn't give...
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• No, I think she was talking about getting a tattoo for herself of her sons name not on her son. I have a tattoo on my lower back off to the side (luv handle area) It didn't stretch out to bad through my pregnancy and it is somewhere that you can very easily hide it. Going to the beach where a one piece. The only time you see it is if I want you too.
    Mrs.Bauer

Answer by Mrs.Bauer at 11:59 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• sorry lol I meant I wanted to get a tattoo on myself of my sons name. My son's only 10 months old (in 5days) so of course I wouldn't tattoo him. I'm all for whatever piercings or tattoos he wants when he's older though. It doesn't bother me for it to show, hell i'd rather show it off than have it hidden. I love tattoos & piercings & think they should be shown off.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 12:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• little.miss.mom, You're actually the first person to say you liked my sons name without giving me a dirty look before or asking me why I named him that. Most people ask me what his name is & when I tell them they ask me what his Real name is. I've always hated normal names that everyone has so we named him Shooter Monroe Major. I thought about getting it there too but I have really skinny arms so I didn't really know how it'd look.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 12:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• LMAO I had this mental image of a 4 year old in the tat shop..... now that's a different thing altogether! I put my tat on my right shoulder.... easily hidden or shown depending on where I am or what I'm doing.... usually it's uncovered (except winter time).... It didn't hurt a lot either.... I LOVE your son's name....that's the coolest name I've ever heard for a little boy. I'm going to tell my husband that name..... we're going to try to have a baby in about a year (God willing and Invetro (*sp) works).... okay I'm off the subject.... but I guess I was never on it in the first place... LOL This may be kinda lame..... but aren't dice games also known as shooters..... Maybe snake-eyes (dice) with his name under it, or over it... Because you did win when you had that baby didn't ya?
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i'm getting my dd's name on my wrist when i can afford it. but i have this really cool image in my head of a really old school gun that looks like it's shooting out the name shooter!! like maybe find a tattoo on the net of a gun shooting a bullet and then just replace the bullet with your son's name. how cool would that be. IMO at least!!
    razmatazthespaz

Answer by razmatazthespaz at 1:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• ooooo to add to that what if you got the bullet on top of the name in uv ink!!!!!!!!!! so if you;re ever under black light you can see the bullet being fired
    razmatazthespaz

Answer by razmatazthespaz at 1:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• That's be pretty cool (the bullet tattoo) I never thought of that one. I just kept picturing the old revolvers that are just there to hung up on the wall because they're pretty with roses around it & his name in it somewhere. Lots of the curvy lines in the gun to make it look pretty.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 6:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I have a bird that I drew, tattooed on my wrist for my daughter Ava. One of the meanings of her name is, "like a bird." I LOVE it on my wrist so I'd recommend there! :) Oh, and I do like the idea of the revolver! :)
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 2:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2008