Anyone else's 8 month old SUPER-PICKY???

My 8 month old son has about 21 ounces (6 tubs of Stage 2) babyfood and 20-25 ounces of formula a day, and a lot of days he'll have a biter-biscuit for a snack. He's a healthy 21 pounds, so I don't really think I'm over or under-feeding him.

Anyway, the problem is that he is SO picky! He will eat the babyfood squash, carrots, applesauce, apples & cherries, apples & blueberries, peaches, peach cobbler, and pears. He gags when I try to give him any new vegetables & especially on the babyfood meats. I feel like all he eats is fruits! How in the world do I get him started liking more things so that we can try tablefood? ((sidenote-- he has no teeth yet))

heather.huckaby

Asked by heather.huckaby at 11:48 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• some kids just like the fruit better i seemed to like the vegetables better. my daughter HAATED chicken and rice kind but i still bought it for her to give her a variety and she started to eat it. is the stage 2 lumpy? my daughter could only have the very pureed food or she would gag. she just couldnt handle the lumps until she was after a year and couldnt go to table food until 15 months because of her tendancy to gag and choke on lumpy food. she liked the food but if there was a lump she wold just hold it in her mouth and then it would slide down her throat and she would choke. (she had teeth early too)
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 12:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• in all my books it says to keep giving it to them regardless and that its not uncommon for them to start liking it after the 10th or 12th time.
    mom2bboy

Answer by mom2bboy at 1:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2008