I am overdue by one day,i am very eager to go in to labour,any advice how to kickstart it,that actually works.

kellyanne100

Asked by kellyanne100 at 12:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Unless your body is ready, it won't work. And if your body was ready, you would be in labor. Also, you are not overdue unless you are 42 weeks and 1 day.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Do that thing that got you in that condition!

Answer by rkoloms at 12:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Have sex.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 12:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I don't know if they would actually work but you could try walking. I personally had my membranes stripped and then went into labor that night. I was 40 weeks and 3 days. I have read that having sex and nipple stimulation can also help you go into labor. But as the pp stated your body won't go until it is ready. Best of luck to you. I hope you have a safe delivery and both you and your baby are happy and healthy.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If your body isnt ready nothing will work, unless your doctor does it.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Have some sex and be patient. You may not even actually be overdue as an EDD can be off. Baby will come when he/she and your body is ready! Best wishes! =)
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Evening primrose oil :) I was there when my friends doc told her to take it and she took it once at 8am and once at 8pm and went to the hospital in labor at 12am, and had her at 5:56am :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Regardless of a "Due Date," you're okay as far as the calender goes.
    Forcing things (even gently) is unnatural and unnecessary.
    Be aware of adding unnecessary risks to yourself & your baby~

If you are not in labor now then your body and baby aren't yet quite ready for birth.
    Walking and sex are the most effective and harmless ways to encourage progress.

Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Your body was designed to carry a baby until the baby is fully matured and ready for life outside of the womb. I know it's uncomfortable but take comfort that baby is putting on all those finishing touches it needs and enjoy having that baby all to yourself for a few more days.

The only "induction" advice I can give is for you to check out your emotional process. Sometimes mom can have some kind of mental hangup that is stalling labor. Evaluate your state of mind from fears of labor to relationships with people you care about. You may need to find some balance in mental areas for your physical body to start labor.

jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 1:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• you could still have a couple more weeks, so i'd just try to relax as much as possible. i know that is easier said than done! that way you aren't constantly disappointed when something doesn't "work". hugs and gl
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010