how many????

how many mothers out there that decided to go back to school after having a child and do u have any advice to give for i start schoool next week!!!

echokays

Asked by echokays at 12:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in

• I finished college when I was 21 and DS came when I was 26
    I admire moms who go back to school. good luck to you!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I went back to school when my oldest (now almost 6) was 2. I'm doing it pretty leisurely because I do not intend to work, it's just a personal goal. I am also fortunate that one of our state colleges (Marshall University) offers so many online classes that I have made it into my junior year without setting foot into the classroom.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I withdrew from college 17 years ago to have my first son....my third son starts K on Tuesday... I'm going back next fall!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I went back to school shortly before having my second child. Initially, there might be a bit of an adjustment but it quickly becomes just another part of your life; if it's important to you, you'll make it work. What made it "do-able" for me was going through an accelarated program specifically tailored for adult students ... a semester's worth of material was condensed into a 4-week class (each class met once a week). Good luck and have fun with it!!!
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I earned my Master's degree when I was 25, and didn't have my first child until I was married and 33. BUT towards the end of my 8 year stint as a SAHM, I started taking online courses and completed my student teaching assignments, towards my state teaching certificate and as soon as my younger son went to full-day school last year, I went back to work as a teacher...so I'm still able to balance work and home life. Of course, it helped greatly that my husband has seniority in his company and was able to telecommute while I was student teaching. There's no way I cold have done it all on my own!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I have thought about it, but keep putting it off...
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think its great you're going back! I took a leave back before I got married, and I still haven't gone back yet - but I want to so badly - I'm just waiting for my son to start school before I look into it, as I'm not sure I have the time right now with chasing him around, lol. Way to go, though! :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I have no plans in that direction.
    Good luck to you, though.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 6:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I am in grad school. Plus teaching. Organization, have help, and most of all stay on top of things.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• good luck, I hope to go back as soon as I decide what for!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:23 AM on Aug. 21, 2010