• In the Spotlight:

I hate that we have to buy a new car and I hate car salesmen I want to punch them in there face!

We filed bankruptcy and we have to get rid of our car cause the payments are too high we were going to keep it but we don't want to get over our head with it.. Well We were approved for a loan and the payments are very low which is great. The worse part is finding a car that can fit my family and also finding it in the price range. Everything I have found I am told its sold or its no longer on there lot or its in contract some bull shhh like that. It is getting me very upset, yesterday we found a car but after putting our carseats in the car salesman was like hey they all fit. I said they fit but its not safe and if we get in a car accident then the middle carseat will be crushed. He asked me how I knew that! Seriously Jack ass I have two children now and the fire station installed it for and told me the requirements for a safe seat. After that I just went home and told my husband I am done looking for a car and I am just

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Shopping

• View Imagewould you like to punch this guy? just trying to make you laugh

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• when married, husband out of state working, i used his brand new truck which kept not starting, i brought to dealer repair place, the guy actually asked me if i ran errands with the lights on. i said yes, he said that might be drainning the battery, i said do you suggest when i do errands at night should i drive with the lights off??
    i asked to see the manager
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Going to go without a car until we really need one I am tired of being jerked around every which way... It is just adding more stress that i don't need and I can't handle it cause I get mad easily with dumb people. What would you do if this happen to you?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It wouldn't happen to me, my dad is a car salesman.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Get a beater with whatever cash you have. Save up for another next year.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm just trying to figure out how you can file for bankruptcy and then get approved for a loan? If you managed to get approved for a loan, then just buy a car from a private person...why are you going to a dealership?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We can just buy one with taxes but we want to build our credit up so we can purchase a home.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• In Oklahoma (and I think the US in general) you have to wait 3 years after you file to get a home loan. Check your laws but you might be worried about building credit sooner than you have to. Get what you need now and keep making ALL of your payments on time, utilities, any credit cards etc. This will help your credit a lot.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We got both our cars at Carmax...
    we won't ever buy a new car again and both agree we will go there when we are ready to buy another.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We don't have credit cards, after filing it only takes two years to get into a home after filing. You just have to stay in good standing on all bills for two years and that isn't a problem we have been doing great for the past two years with the bills we have. The stuff on our credit that forced us into bankruptcy was when we were young and dumb and not able to afford anything. Now starting over were going to do it right. We have a financial planner in the family that helps us out on keeping track of expenses. Also if you can afford to start rebuilding your credit now rather then later then that helps..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010