gall blatter...

recently i woke up at about 4am with severe (literaly could not move) pain in my upper right abdomen, also pain in my lower left & right abdomen (where my ovaries are). the pain went straight through to my back. it pretty much felt like a contraction. i had an emergency cesarean section 10/2009. does anyone know if it could be my gall blatter? i went to the er shortly after, i as in pain for 2 days and they gave me pain meds, but the hospital said it was kidney stones. i really don't think it was kidney stones because i never passed anything. then i went to the doc and they said i have a small stone on the left, but why did the right side hurt so bad? the people at the er and the ambulance people acted like they didn't believe i was in that much pain and kept asking was i pregnant and what i ate.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 12:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Health

• Some kidney stones are smaller than a grain of sand and can feel like they are killing you. If the ER says it is kidney stones then it is most likely stones. I had a gall bladder attack and it was more pressure in my rib cage/chest area and in my upper back...I thought I was having a heart attack and went to the ER, turns out I was full of gall stones. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree. Kidney stones SUCK even if they are teeny weeny. I've had galbladder attacks and salexander is irght, it's a very intense pressue under your ribs and in your back, the pain is definitely on your right side and it like wraps around where your diaphram is.
    I'm so sorry that the Dr's didn't believe you, I went tothe ER for an ectopic pregnancy and I waited for 3 hours before being seen and the looks I got they all thought I was overdramatizing a miscarriage, until the pain got so unreal I blacked out and started hemorraging all over their bed! 1 emergency surgery and 1 fallopian tube later the CO of the hospital got a mouthful from me! He personally apologized. I cannot believe that people work in the ER and do not take pain others are feeling seriously.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It could be kidney stones if the pain is in your upper right quadrant. If it's mostly in the lower right quadrant--near your hip bone--then it could be your appendix!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2010