Do you ever think that about your kids??

My son is 14 and every time he comes back from school/activities/outings etc. he starts telling me stories!! Like the other day he was at his friends house playing video games and when he got home he started telling me all about how he won.
I had NO idea what he was talking about. It was something about soccer and the world cup. He was talking for like 40 minutes about it and I was thinking "oh come on, enough already!" lol
Do you ever think that about your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• confusedlike another language when 14 yr old boy talks about video games

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• LOL My son does: He is 7 and here is a nice example of what I hear daily.

"See mom, I drew this dragon..and it breaths fire, out of its mouth and the teeth get hot then they can clamp down on the other dragon and it will hurt it but not if if doesnt want to it might be a nice dragon..some dragons are nice...but not this one its leg can come off on this one like this but then you push it back on and its hard but if it doesnt then its ok....it only works if you push it really hard, then the head can flip open, so you can refill the fire, but you dont have to refill the fire always just if you use it a lot I think I would use it a lot if I had one like this, dont you think you would, but I wouldnt let the head get flipped off and broken that would make me mad...............(breath Mason breath)......

All that without a break....lol....over and over. and over! hehehehehehehe!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:40 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My daughter is still five so we're not in the point where I don't know what she's talking about yet haha!!

But yeah, sometimes she talks A LOT and I do think "why is it not bed time yet??" haha
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 12:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• When my girls were little they went through a chatty stage and I swear I could literally see the wheels in their heads making up stuff as they were talking...too funny.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yah, my son talks constantly, and if it isnt about anythign important, i tend to get distracted, because it goes on so long...LOL But i encourage it anyhow!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• All the time! I just nod my head and make eye contact with him.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 1:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• LOL, mom2twobabes, my DS does exactly the same thing! He is the same age too. Sometimes I wonder what the expression of my face is when he is telling me things because I must look really confused. He talks very fast and has a huge imagination. I have wondered what I would see if I had his mind for an hour. I have a feeling I would be exhausted after 5 minutes.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• my 10 yr old son is just like MOM2TWOBABES' son....there are days when im am pretty sure he would NEVER shut up if i didnt ask him to give me a break. he will litereally follow me from room to room while i am doing things and never miss a beat in whatever he's talking about. most of the time i either have no clue or really dont care about what he's talking about, but i pretend to listen anyway because i know its important to him. it also keeps communication open and makes it easier to talk about serious stuff like his feelings about my and his fathers divorce, how his father treats him, girls/sex, drugs, and any kindsof issues he has with his friends of classmates. sometimes though, i really cant take it anymore and, after a few minutes, i have to ask him to stop and fill me in later because i'm either busy or have a headache....because i normally listen, he understands and then usually forgets all about it.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 1:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No

Answer by rkoloms at 12:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• lol..no, not yet anyway. My son wouldnt sit still long enough to talk to me for that long about ANYTHING. He's 10..maybe he'll get there, who knows.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010