help I don't know what to do. My 2.5 year old DD has a temper and uses bitting and head banging what to do?

I have been having a problem with her bitting for a while we are trying to get herto stop doing that, but no disipline is working, but now she has this were she is banging her head. I am afraid that she is going to bang her head hard enough one day and split her head open or something. We have hardwood floors she is doing it on. This is the third time she has done this. I called asked her doctor they gave me a number for this place called tripple P it is positive parenting practice I have called 4 days now and I keep leaving a message like it says and noone calls back. The nurse said if it doesn't work she will have to go to a behavior class. But I can't get ahold of these people help what to do? I am afraid she is going to do it one day and not realize how hard she does it and split her head open pleasse help....

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• check your food labels
    if she eats anything with artifical food dyes, LAKE dyes, red 40, yellow 5 blue 1
    take them out!!!!!
    also perservatives TBHQ, BHA and BHT

i hope you are not a health food person, because that means this is not it
    this stuff is in a ton of food and some kids have really bad behaviors to it, mine does
    also when i took this out of our diets, i had no more migranines
    had a bunch of red 40 before my period, for a test, and two days before period i got migraine
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• is the head banging a new thing?
    mine did this, she has autism, i took food dye out of diet and it stopped
    red dye #40 is a bad bad bad thing, just a possible, it was the reason for my daughters head banging
    sounds like yours is new though and totally related to anger????
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yes it is a new thing she has been bitting since 18 months old she still does it, but now she is banging her head llike today she wanted to go out the front door I shut it and told her no she got mad and banged her head 3 times on the floor. The other day she got mad at her sister and about bit her until I told her no and she banged her head on the floor. Her new thing other than the headbanging is bitting herself. She has always bitten her sister now she will bit her sister at times but sometimes bites herself on the arm.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I believe I suggested the OP schedule and appointment with a Developmental Pediatrican via her regular Pediatrician. Has that happened yet?!

I suspect either Autism or a speech delay that is exacerbating her frustration!! Seek appropriate help NOW!!

No that hasn't. She talkes really well I can understand her 95% of the time so I dought it is speech delay.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Sorry, just trying to help. I don't think a "down vote" was necessary. Good luck.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Bite her back LOL!!! hahahaha just kidding...
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 1:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

Ahucally I have done that because my grandma says all 5 of her kids went through the bitting stage so she bite them back one time and they stopped, but it just made my DD worse
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2010