What do you think about scrambled eggs(or egg whites) for 8 month old?

jen.ritterbel

Asked by jen.ritterbel at 1:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did for my youngest.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 1:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Not something I would introduce at that age.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Give the yolk scrambled..not the whites. The white part is what is more allergenic.
    You can try it. I gave egg yolks to my daughter before she was one year. I scrambled them and put some cheese on top. She still doesnt care too much for eggs though, LOL.Shes a picky one :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• depends. I did with my son but not my DD but they started solids at different times.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Egg white is an allergy trigger food, and should not be given to a child under age 1.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• yes, you can try it, but give the yolks, not the egg whites. The whites is the allergenic part of it. yolks are perfectly ok for you them to have younger than 1 yr. I started my son on scrambled eggs (yolk and whites) just before 1 year and he did fine.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 1:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If you are going to try them, I would try a little bit at a time, and watch for a reaction before letting them 'dig in' to the eggs.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 1:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I wouldn't be eating any eggs right now, not since they had that recall just recently :) I would be more worried about salmonella not allergies :-p
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 1:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• if you give them eggs have the air freshener in reaching range for the dirty diaper and gas.
    puresouthern

Answer by puresouthern at 1:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• The American Academy of Pediadtrics says they can have eggs after 6 months as long as there is no allergy in the family, whites and all :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010