Two 15 year old girls driving on the highway flash a 33 year old truck driver and the man took a picture...

He took a picture of the girls on his cell phone and obviously sent it to others. He had NO WAY of knowing the age of these girls.
Now he is being faced with time in jail and being labeled a sexual predator.
What are your feelings on this? I heard this on the radio yesturday.
I think thats a bit extreme punishment for the man. Yeah, he shouldnt have taken the picture but those girls shouldnt have been flashing him and he had no way of knowing thier ages.
I just don't think the whole thing is right.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• WHY were 2 FIFTEEN year old girls DRIVING on the highway in the first place?! Isn't the minimum diriving age 16, and in most states 17?! Was this the first thing they thought of as soon as they got their driver's licenses?!

Both parties are responsible for their actions, but is it that much of a stretch to assume these girls were 18?! And for the trucker to have had time to reach for his camera and snap a few pictures, the girls had to have been "teasing" the trucker for a while--which to me bears more responsibility! What if the trucker lost control of his rig and caused a fatal accident...would the "girls" have been innocent?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i don't think he should be prosecuted! if a girl wants to flash her boobies how is every man that looks supposed to make sure she's of legal age. I think the girls should have to wear a shirt that says "For some unknown reason I think flashing my boobs to passing truckers is appropriate"
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 1:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• In this situation, he should be punished as if he did know their age and they should be punished for indecent exposure. Both parties are guilty.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• he's a creep for taking a picture & sending it to others. but i don't think that going to jail would be an appropriate punishment. maybe some kind of community service. but those stupid girls should get in trouble for indecent exposure.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 1:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If the girls were showing their boobs, I doubt if the truck driver was looking at their faces trying to figure out their age. Cops now days go overboard on charging people.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• link??
    have not heard of
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Things like this clog up the system and make it too hard to weed out the REAL predators. Why were two 15 years olds driving? Isn't 16 the youngest anyone can drive in any state? Where is their punishment for indecent exposure? I'm sure the truck driver had an idea the girls were "young", but he really had no way of knowing they were not legal adults. I could see maybe a slap on the wrist type punishment for him, having to do community service, take a class or something, but he wasn't the one showing his stuff the the little girls, he doesn't need to be on a sex offender registry. I could also see some type of ticket for using a cell phone while driving a truck, but he's far from being a predator to be feared. Unless of course there is more to the story that we don't know.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• With all of the cases of 'sexting' going to court, it would be prudent for everyone to err on the side of caution and not do anything that they know could bite them in the azz later on. This is the main reason I feel that the adult male should be punished. I don't know that he should be punished to the extent of putting him on a sexual offender registry though.

At the same time, I feel that the girls should have to endure punishment as well. Nothing will go on their permanant records and their lives won't be ruined by it (like the man in this case), but they aren't completely innocent in this situation and they should have punishment that fits their crime.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• agreed, Nates, and this: child porn laws weren't meant to criminalize for life some bubbleheaded 16 year old girl who sends boobie pics of HERSELF to her 17 year old boyfriend. the courts need to figure this out.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010