Overweight and preggo, when will I feel the baby move?

I'm overweight, this is my third pregnancy. We have a 2 yr old and lost one a 29 weeks in Jan. I'm 15 1/2 weeks along, due in March. When will I start to feel baby move or flutter?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• normally around like 20 weeks, i felt my son move the the first time when i was 19 weeks along
    Anonymous

• First time pregnancies will feel it between 20-22 weeks second or third or more will feel it between 16-18 weeks. Also after a miscarriage ur More aware of ur bodys changes, I know I was! I'm sorry for ur loss I also lost a lil one around 28weeks, and now have just had my next one, good luck and God bless!
    luschram

Answer by luschram at 12:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I felt my baby at 19 weeks. This is my first =]

And I'm sorry you lost your last one at 29 weeks :( I'm 29 weeks right now, I can't imagine how horrible that must've been for you and your family.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:26 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Thanks for he advice! Yes, having a stillborn is hard to say the least. I wish you all luck with your pregnancies!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• i am a big girl and i felt like it was so unfair that i had to wait forever to feel the first movements. i didnt feel it until 21 weeks. i am also mad that i barely look like im pregnant cuz i'm overweight so it just looks like i'm pudgy. skinny girls look like they're pregnant at like 18 weeks, it took me until like 24 weeks to even get a round belly that no one notices but me...
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• "it took me until like 24 weeks to even get a round belly that no one notices but me..."

Me too! I actually thought I got my belly at 24 weeks...but I've seen pictures of me back then, and I don't look pregnant AT ALL. I'm very lucky though, I'm only gaining weight in my belly. I'm sure some people still think I'm fat though. I have to wear a shirt that says "Peace Love Baby" (you can see it on my profile in my default pic =3) for ANYONE to even comment on me being pregnant. Blah.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2008