Undescended testes...advice?

My son is 14 months, and has undescended testes. His Dr pointed it out at his one year well baby visit. At that point he asked me to check if they dropped when he was warm, and calm, like after a bath. They did not, so I scheduled a follow up appt. He had a brief surgical consult at that appt, and the surgeon said that they weren't dropping due to the fat in DS's groin, and when he started walking more, they would drop.
Well, it's been 2 months, lots of walking, and they still haven"t dropped. Has anybody else experienced this? Should I continue to wait and see? I hate to encourage an un-needed surgery if they are indeed going to drop on their own, but I don't want to cause DS harm by waiting too long...

sunshine82

Asked by sunshine82 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Health

• I haven't been throught this personally but know someone who has. She had to wait until her son was 2yrs old (we are in UK may be different for you) and 1 had dropped but 1 hadn't so her son had to have surgery. If you're concerned I would go back and ask them how long you're meant to be waiting for them to drop, like you say you don't want to wait so long it causes damage.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 1:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• my son had surgery for one that didn't drop- I
    think he was around a year old...anyhow it wasn't a big deal he came home the same day and was crawling around like nothing happened the next day and even that night
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010