• In the Spotlight:

What do you do/say when someone is lying to somebody right in front of you and you know that they are lying??

Okay..so this is petty on my part..maybe, lol.
My mom has this boyfriend, well fiance now. They live together and all and have been together for a little over a year.
My mom has her hair dyed red and she dyed it just before they met.Well, he just thinks its the sexiest thing in the world. Okay, fine. Thats great.Whatever.
Now, my daughter Aubrey was born with naturally red hair...granted we have red highlights on our side of the family, but not full blown red hair..but my dh's side DOES. I mean..at his family reuinion..my daughter looks like she is just one of them red heads,lol.
NOW...I'm sitting there with my mom and her bfriend and all the rest of us when he compliments Aubreys hair.My mom, just starts bragging...oh she gets it from her grandma(HER HAIR IS DYED!) and then she told him her mom(my gma) had red hair too.(shes no longer living).SHE HAD BLACK HAIR!!I KNOW..she died when I was 19...trust me, I know! LOL

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would have said "no mom we don't die the babies hair"...
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• LOL..thats funny! I'd be like "uh mom...your roots are showing!"!! lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 1:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'd jokingly say something like "Aww, Mom, how could your Miss Clairol retroactively change my genes?"
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Well if you were a blunt person you could say why are you lying or ask her in private why are you lying or did all the hairdye make you crazy?
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 1:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• choose your battles and decide if its worth it first
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 1:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Something minor like that, I just let it go, but those kind of things don't bother me, if you are bothered then call her on it:) I'm sure there are things that bug the heck out of me that would be minor to someone else.
    kerryket

Answer by kerryket at 1:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• women are allowed at lie about certain things
    hair color and age are not considered lying
    it is called creative answering
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• How will she keep that farce up once they marry? He will know Clairol is in the hizzou. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Call her out on it
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 1:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would have said.."Mom, now you know you are lying. You know that red hair of yours is fake...Oh my. Trying to take all the credit for her looks. Only the face mom, only the face. The red hair comes from her daddy's side. " and laughed and used hand gestures. Made it seem fun. LOL

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010