Help me decide if I should elope!

My fiance and I live as husband and wife. We want to get married, but don't want a huge elaborate wedding. The problem is we both have big families and a big group of friends.... Its just too expensive!! We thought about eloping, but it is very important to us for our kids to be involved. We have also chosen our wedding party, only 4 attendants each. Does anyone have any ideas to make this not so much of a financial burden? Or.... how do we elope and still involve our children and 8 closest friends?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i would just do a small ceremony for your family and the attendants..and then afterwards..cuz im sure there might be some people that were sad they couldnt be there, you could do like a potluck dinner or something and have friends and extended family over for that or something..and since its a potluck, everyone will bring food, so it'll be cheap!! good luck! and congrats!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• You can have a small private wedding with just your kids and close loved ones. That's what we did. We got married in our dining room with a justice of the peace. Only our kids and a photographer attended. We congratulate ourselves at every wedding we attend for not putting ourselves through all that.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• How about just having a small intimate ceremony with your children and your closest friends. You can even have your kids up there with you. Do you have a small wedding chapel around your area or even your favorite park are all good and inexpensive options.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 12:10 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Vegas, baby. Vegas.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• im in the same boat you are...lol but we cant elope because my SO's big brother already did that in reno, and my SO's parents would be pissed if they couldnt go to another wedding. that would be two in a row. so i guess we are going to get married in front of EVERYONE! ....yay :(
    bennysmom519

Answer by bennysmom519 at 7:56 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• When we got married we found a local park that let us have the space for free! It had a water fountain that we got married in front of. If its a public park or area they may not charge you. Also if you don't want anything elaborate, after the ceremony you could ask your guests to bring their favorite dish back to your home or even at the park. Or use someones back yard for a BBQ.

But if I could do it over again, we would have run off to the beach and got married. lol
    bbysqd

Answer by bbysqd at 8:20 AM on Oct. 9, 2008