Day Care Question... Putting my 15 month old daughter in day care next week. Have an appointment tomorrow any suggestions on what questions to ask?

TaylorBuz

Asked by TaylorBuz at 12:09 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• DONT DO IT!! THATS THE BEST ADVICE I CAN GIVE YOU BUT IF YOU DONT HAVE A CHOICE THEN I WOULD ENROLL HER IN A DAYCARE THAT HAS CAMERAS EVERYWERE SO YOU CAN GET ONLINE AND CHECK ON HER WHEN EVER YOU WANT. IM A STAY AT HOME MOM AND MY HUSBAND DOESNT MAKE A WHOLE LOT SO WE SACRIFICE ALOT SO THAT I CAN BE AT HOME WITH BABY. I DONT TRUST ANYONE TO CARE FOR MY SON CAUSE PEOPLE WILL NEVER TREAT THEM LIKE THERE OWN EVEN THOUGH THEY WAY THEY WILL.
    Anonymous

• 1,. How many kids to each teacher (minimum is 5 I think)
    2. How do you handle disciplining a child?
    3. How do you handle time off form daycare when my child is sick for more than 2 days? Is it considered a full wekk of pay or can it be pro-rated?
    4. Do we get a weeks vacation where we dont have to pay for daycare?
    5. What is the procedure when/if my child gets hurt/sick?
    Vonirae2

Answer by Vonirae2 at 1:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Vonirae has good answers, 1 more you might want to ask is...Am I allowed to show up whenever I want. If you can't come in without notice,I would stay away from that daycare.. Good luck I know it's a tough thing to go back to work.
    GrandmaMona

Answer by GrandmaMona at 2:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2008