How can I keep my 14 month old entertained??

My 14 month old DD is very busy, do you know any cheap and/or fun ways to keep her entertained without putting her in front of the "electronic babysitter" (tv)?

rhonda111787

Asked by rhonda111787 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does she like to paint? I mix vanilla pudding with vegetable food coloring and let her go to town on paper plates. Another thing my 15 month old likes to do it go for walks. She will walk all stinking day. The main thing, is if the weather is nice, get her out of the house! That means more sunshine and learning for her and less housework for you. Plus, that helps her get less bored at time you must stay in the house like when its raining or very cold/hot. Best of luck!
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 2:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• The park is always a good way to keep them entertained. My child loves going to the park.
    momtochelhawk

Answer by momtochelhawk at 2:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• mine loves books. coloring books came in handy when i needed to do dishes. another we do is turn on music. we listen to everything but rap. at hte age of five charana new every word to skinny bop by poison.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Shape sorters my 14 month old loves hers. Little people bus. my daughter plays with it for a while. Play dolls go for a walk outside and tell her about everything you pass....
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 4:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• mine entertains himself pretty much - he doesn't walk yet, but he crawls all over the place - it can be something as simple as a belt to occupy his mind, I guess I'm fortunate that way.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• painting or play dough. Do crafts with her or have her help you bake
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 5:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010