need toy suggestions

my son will be 2 in november and he seems so bored lately with his toys. he mainly has single piece toys that make noise and a ton of hot wheels. he just walks around all day like he has nothing to do. i play with him as much as i can, but also have a 3 month old that takes up a lot of time. do you have any suggestions for new toys i could get him that he would be occupied by himself with. i do plan on playing with him still of course, but he needs to be able to entertain himself when im busy with the baby. he used to play alone all the time until she was born, i was expecting this but ugh i just need a break lol. he is also acting out a lot because of her but thats besides the point :)

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 2:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Anything made by Melissa & Doug or LeapFrog is great!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Can you go outside? Or even set up one of those little plastic slides in the house?
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 2:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• we have a slide outdoors. we go out when we can but its been almost 100 here so its hard to be out for too long, especially with the baby.
    sweetjpea

Comment by sweetjpea (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• A KidKraft Train Table! It comes with everything included. The trains, tracks, bridge, little people, cars etc. My DS got it for his 2nd B-day and plays with it every day and drives his hotwheels & matchbox cars on it too. I store all his big trucks & buses underneath like a garage. He LOVES it! I think you can get it at Walmart or online.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Good toy ideas here...........I just want to comment on the new baby's arrival. Make sure oldest is getting one on one time with you and DH. It makes him feel special and not replaced. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• When my son was that age I just let him play with toys that were a little more challenging for him
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 5:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My son loves his train table. We got him the Imaginarium train table that Toys R Us carries. It comes with trains, track, tunnels, and lots of other pieces. It has drawers where you can store the pieces. All of the Thomas trains work on that track too. He also loves his Little People Garage and Little People Farm.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 4:59 PM on Aug. 21, 2010