my dd is 14months and she is a little terror. HELP!

This is my first, and I need you parenting support! She just started walking about two weeks ago and she gets into everything. I think that part is normal. However, we have the stairs blocked and she tries to climb them, she turns her head laughs and hurries up them. I tell her no and take her off the stairs and reblock them.

She also is biting and laughs when she does it. Is she too young to learn right from wrong? We tell her no and say ouch with a sad face, but she does it repetively.

She also throws everything out of the stroller 6 million times and screams if you don't give it back to her.

There are many more things, but please help!!! how do I curb her behavior and teach her to be well behaved.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try finding activities that entertain her to keep her off the stairs. My daughter loves the stairs also. So when I see her going toward them I give her the baby doll stroller and she loses interest in the stairs. About the stroller--if my daughter purposly throws somethign she just doesnt get it back and it goes out of sight. If she screams she screams. My daughter bites too. We just firmly tell her no. Keep teethers around. Yes still. I freeze mine. When she tries to bite I go to the freezer and give her one of them to bite on. The thing to remember is to keep a level head. They are just babies and are testing the waters. How you react determines how they will act next.
    navyjen

Answer by navyjen at 4:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• boy does this sound familiar :) not to the extreme of the stairs for us - we live in a 3 level townhouse so I've been keeping him away from the stairs. If he's in a situation where he bites or does something (like pulling on wires for us) that I don't want him to, I just right now am removing him from the situation. I don't know that time out or anything else works at this stage, but if I get frustrated with him, I do put him in the crib for a while, just so I can settle down.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010