PLEASE HELP!!!! WE HAVE BED BUGS!!!

ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD CLEANER TO GET RID OF THEM??? PLEASE HELP.. I NEED THIS PROBLEM FIXED TODAY!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wash everything in hot water and put the mattress outside in the hot sun.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• THAT WILL KILL THEM COMPLETELY? OUT IN THE HOT SUN FOR HOW LONG?
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 2:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• DIDNT KNNOW THAT LOL
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 2:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I was told the only way to get rid of them was from an extermianter(sp)
    njstewart07

Answer by njstewart07 at 2:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I would say at least several hours to a whole day per side.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think if they are real bad you need an exterminator, they get in the tiniest places they say. Good luck. It seems to be an epidemic, I heard on the news they're even in movie theaters now.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• http://www.getridofthings.com/get-rid-of-bed-bugs.htm

Also vacuum the mattress. Or get a new one.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Took this off a website.........I would get a professional!

HOW CAN I CONTROL AN INFESTATION?

We highly recommend that you seek assistance from a professional pest control company.

Controlling an infestation requires very detailed work and much moving (and disassembly) of furniture. Careful inspections must be completed in conjunction with non-chemical controls (such as vacuuming, and steam
    treatments) and insecticide treatments. The insecticides available are commercial products requiring special equipment and training, that is not readily available in over-the-counter products.

For additional information about control measures, please see Controlling bed bug infestations: Information for the Pest Management Professional (United States).
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 2:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I found some info that might help...pull the bed and headboard away from the wall. Smear the bed frame legs with petroleum jelly. Buy extra vacuum bags. Do a daily, thorough vacuum of the seams in the mattress, the box spring, the headboard, baseboard, and floor. After each vacuuming, seal the used vacuum bag in plastic and discard. Launder bedding and clothing in hot water and dry on hottest setting. Repair all cracks and crevices, glue down any loose wall paper. If you have Sol-U-Guard Botanical or Sol-U-Mel spray the mattress and surroundings with it. Be vigilant because bedbug eggs hatch in 6-17 days. Also, look up "Diatomaceous Earth" on the internet for a solution for a natural insecticide. I hope this helps - good luck!
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010