baby number 2, when is the right time...

My dd is 14 months and my husband and I just found out I am pregnant. We were trying. My sister told me I am nuts for having two that close in age. Is my life about to be turned upside down when baby two is born in April, my dd will be 22 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my sis and i are 18months apart and my mom said it was easier then she had expected, the only thing that got her was having to buy diapers for two
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Well your sister isn't YOU and SHE doesn't know whats right for YOUR family. My girls are 14 months apart and I am so grateful. I will be trying for another in December. They are best friends and do everything together. We had no jealousy (but every child is different) If you feel it is right to upsize your family then go ahead. As long as you are financially and emotionally ready to support another, then I say kudos. Good luck to you!
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 2:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• That is perfect timing...forget her. The kids will be close in age and once the baby is about 1, they will play and entertain each other. I have 3 kids, ages 7, 3, and 1. I wish I wouldn't have waited after the first one because the little ones are much easier to handle--they have something to play with...LOL
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 2:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Having a baby is yours and your husbands desicons, not anyone elses. Everyone gave my husband I there thoughts too. My daughter just turned 2 yrs old and I am due in Feb. That's really not that close and neither is yours... Don't let anybody tell you different. This is your life!
    MamaOFMyah

Answer by MamaOFMyah at 2:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• HI there. First congrats on the new pregnancy. I know the concerns on having kids at a close age. I have 3 kids and they are ALL close in age. My first 2 were 18 months apart then comes my third . She was 2 years apart from my 2nd child I hope that made sense. I will just tell you that my first one was not happy when we brought my son home. She thought he was a cute baby IN the hospital. Yes there was a lot of jealousy between those 2, then my oldest was the same way when we brought my youngest home. It took a little time, but it all worked out when she realized i was NOT going to take back the other 2 to the hospital. Just be careful on how you act around your daughter. Have her help you out alot with the new baby. She will feel likie she is a big huge help to you and the new one. That really helped me out. It will all work out. Just take your time.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 2:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My brother and I are 18 months apart. My children are five in a half years apart. The only people that can tell you when it's time for another baby. Is the both of you. Not like someone is going to protest out side your house if you have children close in age.lol!

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Wow, I think the closer the better. They may fight as children, but they will be great friends as adults, which is a much longer time in their lives!
    twny

Answer by twny at 2:59 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think you have a great spacing. That's what you wanted!! Don't let anyone rain on your HAPPY pregnancy. CONGRATS.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 3:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My kids are 22 months apart. DD was 13 0r 14 months old when we found out too. I think it is a good spacing because they are close enogh to be friends and play together, but far enough apart that it isnt like having 2 babies.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 9:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010