How bad is coffee??

I'm only 7 weeks and the only real symptom I have is being tired! I have an 8 month old and an almost 4 year old that wear me out, plus I baby sit a 13 month old and dh is away on training at the moment.
Can I have a little coffee? I'm soooo tired!

Asked by marine_wife0520 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Having a cup of coffee a day won't hurt your baby, or you. Try to keep it pretty minimal. And try to get some real REST! :)

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• YOu aren't supposed to.. but Im not suppose to drink pop or smoke either.

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• One cup a day of any kind of caffeine is allowed when you are pregnant. That is what I was told with both of my pregnancies.

Answer by elly25 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm 14 weeks and drink a cup every morning.

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:37 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• They say 1 small cup a day won't hurt. But I quit drinking it all together. I have heard that caffeine can cause a collichy baby.

Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I always say any questions call your doctor,I'm sure the nurse can relay the message or question. Each pregnancy is different.

Answer by dancer at 2:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• "No caffeine" is simply a recommendation. And most doctors just tell you to LIMIT your caffeine to one cup a day. Drinking caffeine during a pregnancy supposedly increases the risks of your child to be obese later in life.
    I would go ahead and drink a cup of coffee, just don't overdo it.

Answer by s.gerhold0513 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I had a cup of coffee every morning. I needed it.

Answer by Courtney610 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If you really need it, have the cup of coffee, but try to wean yourself off of it. It's better to skip caffeine.

Answer by SWasson at 2:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Just make sure that you drink water to replace the fluids you will lose from drinking the coffee, that is what my doctor told me with my second pregnancy

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2010