Thank you ladies for your input. More specifically my 3 yr old is steeling things from home. Why?

Why would he sneek and take, for example, yogurt that he can have if he asks for it? He also sneeks into myn and my friends purses when no one is looking. I dont understand why he would steel food mostly.

LilBird88

Asked by LilBird88 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's a phase. He's probably doing it to get a reaction out of you. See what he can get away with. Probably finds it funny when people go looking for the stuff he took.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Talk to him about it. He could be learning it from someone.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• just a question.. did you or his father go through this at all or anything? Just curious because my sister, ever since she was ltitle would lie about things she didn't have to lie about and apparently her dad is the exact same way - she STILL does it at 33 years old.. all the time, lying about things she knows she doesn't have to - I wonder if stealing is the same... just a thought lol!! so sorry
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• wow i don't know ! Does he do it for spite ? for example if you take something that he shouldn't have, does he then sneak and steal ? but then he is only 3....we can't assume he knows exactly what he's doing or that he's doing it maliciously either....but I would definitely try to get hold of the situation very soon...and very harshly.....3 is pretty young though which makes me think he's seen it for sure...any older siblings ? or other influences ? geez....best of luck ! I hope it gets better for sure !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• a phase i hope
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 22, 2010