• In the Spotlight:

what would you do if hubby had to go out of country for work

my hubby work for a company that build the big machines that make computer chips. he knows one of the machines better then anybody else, so if it breaks down they would send him to fix it. I don't know how i feel about wakeing up one morning to him calling me saying i'm going to Korea right now. Am i being selfish what do i say to him?

natasha86

Asked by natasha86 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• say "have a nice trip dear!"

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No you aren't being selfish at all. You'll miss your husband. I'd go buy a camera for your laptop ot computer for you both. That way you two can chat on Skype on his off time. So you two can see each other face to face and so can your child(ren). That is what my husband and I do when he has to travel out of town for a few days or weeks.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I guess it would depend on how long he had to go for.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• "See ya when you get back"
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 2:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i dont know he has never worked away from home before.
    lulamae123

Answer by lulamae123 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My hubby leaves all the time every few months for either a few weeks or months. YOu just kinda get used to it.My hubs is military though ;)
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:49 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• "Be Careful and Be Safe" I'll see you when you get home" Call me when you can" I love You"
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• my neighbor goes through something like this. her hubby is gone to neigeria for 5 weeks and home for 4 weeks. she has went thru pregnancies and everything without him here. he missed his son's 1st birthday, his anniversary, and so much more but he was here for the birth. she is a strong woman and i give her props cause when my hubby goes out of town for a week im going crazy
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 2:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• the part i think that really gets me is we just had a baby a month ago. :(
    natasha86

Comment by natasha86 (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My husband travels for work and it sucks but that's life. We send emails *constantly* when he is out of country and when he is traveling in country we talk a lot...every morning we drink coffee on the phone and every night we discuss the day. I miss him, he's gone right now, but that's his job and he loves it. He has talked about quitting because it's hard for him to be away from home for long stretches but I've told him to never quit because of me and that I support whatever decisions he makes. I would want the same respect.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010