What do you think? (about US soldiers) please read!

I was just talking about a post a lady made the other day! She said that FYI most soldiers are home already and that not many are dying anymore!
I am mad!
Did you know FYI that in my neighbor hood over 60 % are deployed, and did you also know that the death toll over seas is higher in 2010 than in 2001-2009 combined? I have 3 neighbors who have lost their husbands in Afghanastan in the last 7 monthes! I also know the true facts! If you do not, please don't make such rediculous comments! If you support our troops please bump this question! The question is do you really support them, and do you really want to take the time to hear the truth?

JoLee12345

Asked by JoLee12345 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Thank you, JoLee, for bringing this to our attention.

It is bizarre ... some actually think that there will soon be no more US presence in Iraq ... !!?

And our thanks go to the families of the deployed troops. As our Marine Corps son wrote in a newletter, they are the ones who truly sacrifice:
    "... The wife pulls double duty with children who may not understand why daddy left and was it their fault. She feels his absence but puts on a smile so the kids don't see, and she soldiers on: bills, cleaning, homework, cooking, laundry, bedtime, chores, shopping … all the while waiting for the phone call she prays will never come and the letters she wishes would come more often. Every time there's a knock on the door her heart races until she sees, with relief, that it's not the dress blues and a manila envelope with a few small words of condolence for the biggest loss she'll ever take. Me? I'm just over here playing Rambo"
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 6:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm am glad I did not see that post. I would have gone off. I am the daughter, sister, wife, and Mother of soldiers and sailors. If you can't support them please keep your mouth shut. "Tis' better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt" (I don't know who coined that phrase but I love it)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Agreed. My friend just asked my why my husband was deploying because the President pulled troops out.I giggled....
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 2:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American soldier,

one died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

General George S. Patton

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I can't say that I know all that much about the war, but I do support our troops and feel for the families that have lost loved ones. My DH is a former Marine so he talks about the current situation every now and then. I don't go saying things about it that I don't know, though. Sorry to hear about your neighbors.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 2:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We should here the truth. The problem is the media never talks about this, and most people are unaware of what actually goes on. I am against the war, but I am will always support the soldiers.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• This is a debate board JoLee. People will always post thier disagreements, some of which may offend you.

If something really important to you isn't up for debate then it probably shouldn't go in the debate section.

Not supporting the war different than not supporting soldiers...that's why it got an eye roll. Many people are offended my a -rally-around-the-flag mentality, myself included.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I didn't bash anyone, I rolled my eyes at your acting as if ignorance of the military situation is some kind of character assasination of the troops. and that line always makes me roll my eyes. it's simplistic and ignores the fact that the very freedom you're touting is the right to have a nuanced opinion on a very complicated issue.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• american flag ribbonIf you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

JoLee12345

Comment by JoLee12345 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• auto, you are the type that dont derserve their dedication!
    JoLee12345

Comment by JoLee12345 (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010