Thank you for the insight. Next question How do I get him to stop steeling?

LilBird88

Asked by LilBird88 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I didnt answer your last question so I know nothing about this situation. You should ask again with more detail given.
    Childs age? Stealing from who? Stealing what? How many times?

Any time a child is stealing there must be punishment. Along with that punishment I would make the child return the stolen item as close to the condition it was in before as possible and apologize. If he refuses to, the punishment should not end until he has done it with you there.

Of course explain you are disapointed and how it hurts businesses and people to steal. Let him know what happens to adults who steal. If you have any religious or spiritual beliefs on the matter take this oppurtunity to share them with him.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If it is a store or business he is stealing from you will have to decide who he must return the stolen items to. The manager or customer service would be my pick. If they wont take it back he should have to do chores for you or others to earn the money to pay them back. He has to learn the way the real world works early on.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• who what?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 9:27 AM on Aug. 22, 2010