Do you (or do you plan on) homeschooling, public schooling, or private schooling? Why?

Thanks in advance. Feel free to bump this question. First answerer gets a "best answer".

WomanWitty

Asked by WomanWitty at 3:01 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in

• public. Can't afford private and we both work so can't homeschool
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We homeschool.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Public. My son thrives in school. Going to his 2nd year of preschool this year!
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 3:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• public. online. therefore I guess homeschooling lol Because I can teach him better than anyone else and I can give him more attention and he can spend more time on subjects he enjoys and I can teach him using his learning style.
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 3:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We homeschool because it's what works best for our family.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:51 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Public - I'm a public school teacher, and that is our plan for our son when he's of age...
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 4:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Homeschool, just as we've been doing for the past 10 years. Why? That's our choice. We want our kids to enjoy learning and to be able to learn about anything that interests them, not be stuck in a curriculum rut. Yes, we do use a packaged curriculum, but we expand on that as their interest is piqued. They don't waste time waiting for other students to settle down in their seats, or stand in line to use the bathroom or get lunch or wait for a bus. They don't have to struggle to keep up or be bored if another student doesn't understand while my child is ready to move on. They have 1 on 1 teacher support from me when they need it, and we can take as much time as we need in order for them to grasp vital concepts. They don't have to fear being bullied or assaulted, yet they are far from sheltered.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 4:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

Next question in
how many????

Next question overall (Relationships)
How much does an uncontested divorce cost?