Potty Training Twins HELP!! Scream Ahhh!

I have Twin girls. They will be 3 in November. We have been trying to potty train. I have a Elmo potty video and books to introduce them to potty training plus I show them by example. I put them in the cotton training pants and they just go in their pants and play in it on the floor. They have NOT once went on the potty. Its like they don't even know. When they are wet they just continue playing, but when they hear me go on the potty they say "Good job.. Mommy." So I know they know where to go. I ask one million times a day do you have to go potty, then I put them on the potty and I read books to them to keep them on the potty after 10 to 15 mins on the potty they get up and go in their room and pee on the floor. I feel like I'm getting nowhere. What am I doing wrong?? Should I do one at a time?? This is the biggest challenge I've faced yet. PLEASE HELP!

Thank you, A very frustrated mother of two

kridal02

Asked by kridal02 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You have to realize they may not be ready to potty train or don't have an intrest in it just yet. I think you are already doing a great job potty training your children. If they are interested how about making a chart with little blocks for both of them and when they go give them a sticker. After so many stickers then they can have a special prize, a new toy, book, candy. You be the judge. Also you can get them to sit longer if you move the potty chair to the living room. Let them sit on their chairs while watching a movie. Another way to get them to go is to tell them that the potty chair is their friend and is hungry, and that they are the only ones able to feed it. Tell them that their urine and poop is food to the potty and he needs them to feed it. I hope that these ideas work for you. And good luck with potty training your children!
    awife1life3kids

Answer by awife1life3kids at 12:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I do not have twins and we havent really started tackling potty training, but i would suggest one at a time. a friend of mine told me to put my son in undies, then put him on the potty for 3 min, then set an egg timer to go off in ten min, then back on the potty for three, set the timer for ten mi, back on the potty for three, on and on all day. and she said her son was potty trained in two days. you will need the whole day and must continue it. then when they pee or poo, let them flush and give them one m&m for pee, two for poo. good luck!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I trained my twin girls this summer. They'll be 3 in Jan. I took them shopping for regular underwear. Made a HUGE deal about NO MORE DIAPERS!! Then I chose a day and put them on the potty first thing, had them pee and put them in the undies. Then I set an egg timer for 25 minutes. When the bell rang, it was pee-pee time. And both went back into the bathroom and peed. If they did, great; if not - that was OK too, we'd try again next time. I reset the clock for 25 minutes, and did the whole routine over again. All day. However I put them in diapers for naptime and at night. After about 3 days, I went to 35 minutes. Continued that for about 3 more days. Then I went to 45 minutes. I did this for a couple of weeks, and then I braved it and took them out of the diapers at naptime. A week later, I got rid of diapers completely. Within two months they were potty trained, including nighttime.
    SLTmom

Answer by SLTmom at 1:55 PM on Oct. 8, 2008