• In the Spotlight:

What do you ladies consider this site is for?

I hear so many people complain about some of the questions posted here, like infidelity, marriage, people asking for medical advice. I do understand that some questions should be left for professionals like medical advice, but the rest I think that are coming from genuine women looking for different perspectives on their issues, maybe even attention. isn't this site for these types of issues??
Why do some insist in making a mockery of someones personal issues, instead of offering advice that might or might not be taken?

Asked by older at 3:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in About CafeMom

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Some people insist on making a mockery out of anything. Unfortunately the internet is an easy place to do that.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 3:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I figure this site is for whatever the members want it to be. There's no requirement that anyone answer a question they don't like.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think the site is for different things for different people. Some women here seem to think it's only for "serious" stuff and to get support, some use it strictly for goofing off and entertainment purposes, while others seem to come here only to debate hot-button issues. For me, it's whatever I'm in the mood for...sometimes I just want some fun fluff, and other times I have something important on my mind (which I will usually only discuss in groups). So really, it's up to the individual what the site is for, but no one has the right to tell someone else what they have to do or what questions to ask when they're here.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I come on this site to pass the time. As for the people that make a mockery of others' situations, perhaps that is their own twisted little way of coping with their own situations lol.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 3:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think that this site is for those personal questions.. about cheating and marriage and kids.. and etc.. Either give advice or leave it alone! =)
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I just like hanging here and reading all the posts, answering some, playing LL. Life is too short for negative drama.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I consider this site to be my form of daily adult interaction with females...because love...I am stuck in this house pretty much 24/7 with a bunch of kids and then dh gets home..oh boy,LOL.
    I'm glad theres a place I can go and ask questions...even if they are stupid or silly sometimes. Least I aint running up to a bar and doing a quick shot or two just to get out of the house for a minute,hahaha..although that does sound tempting..hmmm...nah, forget it..I;m pregnant, haha:)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It's exactly like the bully on the playground. It makes them feel better to put other people down.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think a lot of time the moms with the medical questions might actually be seeking advice from the dr also but might be wanting another point of view maybe from another mom who has gone through something similar.. I mean isn't what Cafemom was founded for? For Moms to get advice and talk with other Moms about all kinds of stuff.
    blessedmama4

Answer by blessedmama4 at 4:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• ** isn't that what Cafemom was founded for is what I meant to type. Dang multi-tasking isn't going very well today =( **
    blessedmama4

Answer by blessedmama4 at 4:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010