bed rest

i am on bed rest and am assuming that is synonymous with "no sex" but was wondering if anyone knew for sure. i am embarrassed to ask my doctor...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would think so. In fact, yes, abstain please.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• "Bed" rest and "pelvic" rest are not the same thing. Pelvic rest is associated with no sex and bed rest may or may not be associated with no sex. That being said... You are having a baby, so you need to grow up. Your doctor is a professional and will not care if you ask. Obviously he knows you have sex, lol, you are pregnant. So either avoid it or grow a pair and ask.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 3:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• lol...I was on bedrest but not prohibited from sex. But everyones condition and reason for being on bedrest is different. Just ask your Dr., youre going to have to. Are you aware that your doctor is an OB and hears worse questions on a daily basis other than, is it okay for me to have sex? Besides...I'm pretty sure he/she knows you've had sex before....lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• jesus "crunchy mama" that wasnt kind at all-

why are you on bed rest? that may have something to do with rather or not it's safe: if your water has broken, you may need to refrain from anything that could introduce bacteria
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 3:22 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• How long are you on bed rest? If it's only for a short time why takes chances with your unborn child.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010