Is it okay to leave DD sleeping to go to DS bus stop?

She is 2.5 and asleep in a crib. In about 20 min I need to go and physically get DS from his bus stop because today it's raining. The stop is new this year and at the bottom of the street over a hill. It's only about 10 houses down (5 min walk) but the house is out of sight. I would be gone for about 10 min I guess after waiting for the bus and loading DS. I feel weird about it and will most likely just wake her up...What would you do?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Personally I couldnt do it. I would wake her up.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• don't risk it. take her with you
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I don't have any kids that young anymore, but several of the parents in my neighborhood do this. They are mature and responsible parents and seem to feel comfortable with it for the 10 minutes or so that they're out of the house. If you'd really only be gone for that short amount of time, I think ultimately it just depends on what you're comfortable with. I'd probably do it if I still had a little one.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Absolutely not leave my baby there.. I would wake her up and take her with me.. A child can get hurt or kidnapped in the blink of an eye.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• How old is your son?
    Take your DD.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'd take her.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 3:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• He's 6 but I don't want him walking in the storm!
    I plan to wake her up I guess... ::sigh:: That should be entertaining. She's a pill to wake up.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Never leave them home alone.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• YOu know it's funny I'm not worried about her getting hurt, she's confined, I really not worried about kid napped I'd lock up and the dog would at least startle someone trying to get in. (He's loud) plus the neighbor are to close. I dunno what I AM worried about. It just feels like abandonment I guess.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• As easy as it might be you want to leave her hoping nothing happens but you never know it only takes a second to lose something/someone forever... I would take her. I know you me well and what convenient but take no chances I have been there.
    I'd take her bc you never know what could come up down the street and it will cause to be alittle late getting back u just never know GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2010