How can you tell if it's a girl or a boy?

I know there are few ways to know for sure, what you are having, but what are some of the strange things you heard when you were pregnant, about trying to figure out what you are having? And did it work for you?

maddys_mommy_ny

Asked by maddys_mommy_ny at 12:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• its not strange..but ive heard that if your babies heartbeat is high its a girl..if its low its a boy..when i was pregnant the whoooole time the babies heartrate was never lower than 142..and i had a girl..my sisters was high when she had her girl as well..and it was always around 130 when she had her boy..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I've heard the above answer too, but also whether you carry them high or low. Most girls are positioned higher and you feel like you have a hard time breathing. Most boys are positioned lower and you pee more often. My mom had an old thing she did with a needle and string held over the mother's inside wrist and depending on which way is swung she could tell if it was a boy or a girl and I never saw her wrong. It's hard to explain but mom taught me how and I've done it too with others and I've been right 9 out of 10 times.
    ustisasa

Answer by ustisasa at 2:23 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• The majority of the old wives tales did not work for me. Not how I carried, the heartbeat, or the Chinese Gender Predictor. The needle and string did work though. I didn't believe it then, but when my child was born I realized it was right. It was fun waiting to see what gender my baby was!
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 2:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• The chinese predictor chart was right both times for me.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My baby boys heartbeat is 150.... and he is definitely a boy. So the heart thing doesn't work, the chinese predictor said I was gonna have a girl. So the only thing I've found that works..... Ultrasound :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:56 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• heartbeat doesnt work..im having a boy and its always around 160
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my granny said i was having a boy cause my butt spread lol but she was wrong we had a beautifull little girl
    pipersmom1

Answer by pipersmom1 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 8, 2008