What can i do for my 4 mnth old with teething? And my 4 mnth old is 13 lbs is she too small for her age?

Niasiamom2010

Asked by Niasiamom2010 at 3:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If her doctor hasn't said anything, then, probably not.

How about, HyLands teething tablets, Motrin or a wet wash cloth. DO NOT GIVE HER Orajel.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I meant a frozen washcloth.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My son was 13.4 pounds at 4mo. and he was in the 50th percentile . Hope this helps
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• You can give baby some baby tylenol to help soothe the teething. Refrigerated teething rings also help..if she is interested in them.

As for the weight...it depends on if she is thriving or not.Like..how much has she gained since birth? Has it pretty much stayed the same?
    Her pediatrician should be able to tell you more acurately.
    My daughter is 18 months and she weighs 20 pounds and is perfectly healthy. Doc says a little under weight but thats just the way her body is built..she's petite.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My DD is now 8 months old and has finally got her 1st tooth!!! I found out that Baby snacks such as Whipped Yogurt puffs, and grain Snacks helped her alot, also she loved frozen blue berrys ( softened just enough to remove skin to prevent choking, feed 1 at a time to keep frozen) and other frozen soft fruit (easly gummed when thawed) They thaw quickly and when thawed are very mushy, let her gum my finger. I also let her gum her baby spoons (the ones with the soft coating) while I fed her.

And my DD is only 12 lbs
    MommyScapardine

Answer by MommyScapardine at 4:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• my son is 4 ( a little older than yours) was 9lbs when we was born at 36 weeks at is now only 32 lbs. every child is different.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 4:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No ibuprofen until they are 6 mos and 12 lbs. It will damage the kidneys. Tylenol only at this age. Are you kidding my DD didn't hit 13 lbs until she was about 13 mos old. Your baby is fine and I would use a frozen wash cloth and Tylenol. I wish you luck b/c it doesn't really get any better from here until they have cut them all.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Just give her a teething ring
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 4:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• For teething, a frozen washcloth and hylands teething tablets work great. And for her size. According to the CDC growth charts, the average 4 month old girl is a tad over 13 and a half pounds, but not quite 14lb. So shes about 40th percentile or so. She is not too small :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:02 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Hylands teething tablets and teething gel
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 6:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010