How can i potty tarin my daughter?

She is 2 1/2 and ive been trying to potty train her but she never wants to sit on the potty when i ask her too, and when she does sit on it she wants to get up from it like a minute later but she says she has to go...sometimes she goes potty in her diaper then sits on the potty right after she has did it in her diaper...How can i get her to use it?

CandyMama231

Asked by CandyMama231 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• bribes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Wait until she is ready. When she is ready it will be smooth sailing. Once my daughter was ready it was a matter of days before she was fully trained in the daytime.
    JoJoBean8

Answer by JoJoBean8 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Realize that the average age of potty training is 4 unless you are on cafe mom.

It doesn't sound like she is ready yet. Give her time and let her lead. If you make it a chore it will take longer.

I did potty train at 24 months because she was pulling her diaper off and sitting on the potty on her own. I bought it and used it as a chair in the living room. She told me when she was ready and then we went for it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• With our kids we just made it as exciting as possible. I would over dramatize my excitement about how they were such big girls and boys now, and how I couldn't believe what a good job they were doing (even if they were only sitting and didn't actually do anything.) We also had a sticker chart that they got to pick out there stickers for and put them on themselves. 1 for trying and 2 for going! And we reminded them that they got to pick out a prize once they were going consistantly. Big kid undies made a good prize, (especially where they were going to need them anyway, they just loved being big enough to pick them out by themselves.)
    MissMander

Answer by MissMander at 3:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• When shes truly ready u will know. It will take some time and she will test you just to see how u can hold up.. Dont bribe her with treats.. thats not a good Idea. If u wanna bribe make it a learning thing..

Try sticking her in panties and when she wets her self a few times and u keep showing how to use the toilet she will get it in no time!
    Best of luck!
    Mrs.Vidrio

Answer by Mrs.Vidrio at 3:52 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• there are cute books about using the potty that you can read while she sits on the potty too
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I actually bought a kitchen timer to use specifically for potty training. I set it for every 20 min and we would go to the bathroom and I would set it again for five min to sit on the potty. When we were going consistently I backed the timer up 5 min and sitting on the potty decreased by 1 min. This worked very effectively and I over emphasized how proud I was of her going to the potty like a big girl. Her reward for using the potty was to flush it. We moved about 1 mo after I got her trained and now we have to start all over again. She does come and tell me that she has to go and sometimes she tries to go on her own but she is to short to get onto the potty even with a stool. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010