1st hair cut

When your lil one needed their first hair cut did you take them some where to get it cut or cut it yourself? My son needs a hair cut and everyone keeps telling me to cut it myself but I am gonna bawl like a baby when it gets done. So what did you do?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We always did it ourselves. My first one we did it around 1 yr old, my second one is 2 and still hasn't had a hair cut!
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I got a professional. It doesn't cost that much and she cut only the top and left the back curls.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:31 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I took them to a kiddie place and save a part of the trimming for the baby book.

Answer by older at 3:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• bumped!

• I took my girls to a beauty shop and had it done professionally.. they did a great job!!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I have actually done it both ways with my kids. I guess it depends on how difficult the hair cut is going to be and how still you think your little one will sit for you. Some places will make out a 1st hair cut certificate for you to keep for scrapbooking or something though which I thought was sweet. Do whatever you are most comfortable with. You want this to be as possitive an experience as possible (for you and your little one!)
    MissMander

Answer by MissMander at 3:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We took him for his first but it was horrible, he screamed and kicked the whole time, I had to actually sit there with him to try and hold him still. The second time we did it ourselves and it was alot easier. He still cried, but we just put him in the high chair. I think it'd be easier to just do it yourselves :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 3:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I cut both of my kids hair. I cut my son's at 6 months because it grew crazy. My daughter's didn't get cut until she was (is) 2 1/2 because it took forever to grow, but it needed evening out. She loved it having it cut :) My son squiggles a lot but I think they would freak out if somebody else was doing it.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 3:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My daughter's 3 and I'm still the only one who's cut her hair. I'd hate to drag her out to a salon just to have her give the stylist a hard time—especially since her attention span for a haircut seems to be about 60 seconds.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I have always cut my sons hair myself. I saved his first curls too!!! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:48 PM on Aug. 20, 2010