Do you have a good pie crust recipe?

I am needing a good pie crust recipe to be used with apple,peach, and cherry pies. I would like one that has a good hint of sweetness (but not overkill) and has a flaky (not doughy) crust. Let me know if you have the perfect one! Thanks mommas!

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 3:54 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I don't have a recipe, but I do have a tip... To make sure crust is really flaky, make sure you use ice cold water (recipes usually call for a little bit) and don't over work the dough:) Try allrecipes.com they have really great recipes in there and reviews as well.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• What's the difference between pies&cobblers???
    A simple recipe I have for a peach cobbler is
    1. Butter ur pan
    2. Pour a can of peaches in there with the syrup
    3. One box of white cake mix and cover all over peaches
    4. Slice a few squares on top with butter
    5. Bake @ 365 for 30 minutes or until golden
    And waalah... Peach cobbler GL I know it's not a pie crust recipe but just something else to experiment ;) It all good!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I use this one. It is such a nice crust. I always receive compliments on it.

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_pie_crust/

I do not have a food processor, so I use my kitchenaid mixer. it works great.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Butterfly--- In GA we call the recipe you posted "Dump Cake" because you dump it all in the pan, Cobbler is the fruit filling with a biscuit like topping (in fact when i make cobbler I make biscuit dough add a little sugar to it and plop it on top of the fruit), and pie is a pastry crust (the crust goes on the bottom instead of on top like the other too... well some pies have a bottom and a top crust)

Anyway, the answer to the original question... I don't feel emotionally ready to share my grandma's pie crust recipe with the world... but Ina Garten's recipe is perfectly respectable
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/perfect-pie-crust-recipe/index.html
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 8:03 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• This is my moms way it always turns out flaky for her(not me) but I don't know about sweetness•2/3 c. Shorten
    •2 c. Flour
    •6 tble spoons warm water
    Mix shorten and flour together add water. Makes 2 9in round crust.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 12:33 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• I don't, but they have pie crusts that you can buy ready made....
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:21 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• Sift together in PIE pan : 1 1/2 Cup all purpose four
    4 1/2 tsp. sugar
    1/4 tsp salt

Combine in measuring cup: 1/2 cup cooking oil (I use sunflower seed oil)
    2 tbl milk

Whip with fork. Pour in center of flour mix in pie pan. Mix well with fork, press evenly (with fingers) to cover sides and bottom of pan. Prick bottom with fork many times (so it won't puf up).

Bake 425 F 12 to 15 minutes for a no bake pie or pour in your filling and bake as directed in your recipe

Answer by rkoloms at 7:29 PM on Aug. 21, 2010