Do you give your children chores?

My 11 year old brother (who we're raising) Just started helping out with dishes :) What chores do your children do?

xxMasonsMommaxx

Asked by xxMasonsMommaxx at 4:09 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• my dd is 21 months old and she helps pick up her toys before bed time and she helps mommy load the washer with dirty cloths first thing in the morning! then she helps mommy turn on the washer!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 4:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• my kids are only 5 and 2.5 and they have chores. They pretty much have the same chores since my 5 year old don't really do much. I am however going to be teaching her how to do dishes and have her start helping me, but for now both girls have their own bedrooms so every morning they have to clean their rooms. The sometimes bring toys downstairs so when I clean the downstairs they get throwen on the landing so they have to clean that up put the toys where they go. They have to bring down any dirty clothes from their bedrooms, bathroom and our room and put them in the basement and that is all they really have to do, but they do this everyday after breakfast. They have a choice to do it before or after they get dressed.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Absolutely. They've had chores since they were 3.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yes, since she was about two. She does her room, clothes (all but starting the washer and putting in dryer since she can't reach) including putting them away, picks her stuff up from the rest of the house, helps with dishes (rinsing and putting stuff away), picking up after and feeding her dogs and sweeping the living room/kitchen once a week. She's 5 1/2 and gets $3 usually for her allowance. More if she does extra work, less if she doesn't do some of her work or has to be repeatedly told to do it. Most weeks she does more. She's saving for a movie :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• they clean up there toys and feed the dogs
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Yes. He is 6 and he takes out the recycling, feeds the dogs and cat, puts his laundry away and helps pick up the yard.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2010