what to eat and what not to eat during my pregnancy.

I just had a doctors appointment yesterday. I am 29 weeks along. I had the glucos test done as well. My blood suger level was higher than normal not by much. Dr. said normal is around 140. My level was 152. I have to go back into the lab for a 3 hour test. Not to worried, but this is my first pregnancy I am a worry wort in general anyway. Probly doesnt help matters. I also was told that my weight gain is a little much. He was concerned told me to watch what I eat. I gained 10 pounds since my previous appointment. Overall weight gain prior to the pregnancy has been about 40 pounds. its all in my belly and lil in my face.

Any suggetstions as to what to eat so that I won't gain as much but yet I won't starve and my baby won't starve. And how to keep the sugar content down.

mgurl

Asked by mgurl at 12:40 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i have gained 43 pounds since i got pregnant,(im 30 weeks) and my doctors arent concerned. my glucose test was fine. on that day, i didnt eat anything with sugar in it, which is kinda like cheating, but i think its fine. just eat lots of fruits and veggies and salad, skip the fried foods and stuff u know is bad for u. its way worse to go on a diet and have a malnourished baby than to have a little extra weight gain. just make sure u dont go hungry or the baby will suffer
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• lay off the sugars and carbs.. no sweets, little pasta,breads,cereals..ect... No pop,juice,drink lots of water and eat as much protien as you can.. chicken,meats,beans,salads healthy foods.. Good Luck
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 1:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Everything has sugar in it, but it is important to note that carbohydrates turn into sugar in our bodies.The best thing to do is eat in moderation. Fruits and juices have a lot of calories becareful and only one cup of juice a day. Eat healthy foods avoid junk food, if you crave it satisfy that craving by having a small amount for instance chips, just take a handful and eat slowly. My sister in law was sick her entire pregnancy it was a miracle her children were all healthy as far as I was concerned so don't worry about the baby getting its nutrients it will be fine. Eat lighter as the day goes on you burn less calories, and drink two to three cups of milk a day to avoid calcium loss. Also remember you should be taking vitamins prescribed by your doctor, this will aid in the health of your baby. Hope this helps. Peace, <>

JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 2:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2008