Naps

Does ur child still take naps? How old was ur child when they stopped?

beward79

Asked by beward79 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son's almost 4, and he still naps most days. He's tried to drop them on a few occasions, but I always try to encourage them... and it's worked. :)
    Abqmomof2

Answer by Abqmomof2 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My son who will be 4 in 3 weeks does still take naps at his school. I try not to give him naps on the weekends though. Unless he exhibits signs of crabbiness, that is.. I find that if I do not give him a nap bedtime is sooo much easier. No crying, no whining and he goes right in his room and goes to sleep. He actually told me that he was sleepy and wanted to take an itty bitty "nap" at bedtime.(8pm) :) If he does take a nap, bedtime is a little bit rougher. He will want to stay up late (9-10pm)
    I believe it depends on the child.
    cadesmom3

Answer by cadesmom3 at 3:31 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• my daughter turned 4 in Aug and most days she will still take at least a 2 hour nap. She gets up at 6 (I have to leave for work then) naps from 1 to around 3 and then bedtime is between 8 and 8:30. She has always been a good sleeper though
    Hanaas_mommy

Answer by Hanaas_mommy at 3:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My daughter took a nap all the way up until she started kindergarten this year. My 3 year old takes one too and hopefully will until he starts kindergarten.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My 3 year old takes a nap maybe 1 day a week but he still gets quiet time everyday. I put him in his room (with a gate at the door) and if he wants to fall asleep he does but most of the time he sits on his bed and "reads" or plays for about 30 minutes or so than he tells me he is done and wants to come out to join me. It's nice to have a little me time once a day.
    2beinsnow

Answer by 2beinsnow at 4:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Kieran hardly ever takes naps any more, and he gos to bed between 8pm-11 pm and then hes up at 6am. I miss him taking naps, that was the time I go to have a few minutes for my self to do odd jobs or to just sit down quietly.

barbarmama

Answer by barbarmama at 4:44 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Keiran is 2
    barbarmama

Answer by barbarmama at 4:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My kids are 3, 2 and 3 months. every afternoon between 1 and 4 they nap or quiet time. The younger ones sleep they and my 3 yr old "reads" books, quietly. I will definately keep quiet time as long as I can
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2008