Have you gotten the essure procedure or gotten your tubes tied?

I have 4 kids and I got my essure procedure done last week. I know in my head that 4 kids are enough (financial issues, bedroom space, seats in my car, plus tons of other reasons helped me decide to do this ) but unfortunately I wasn't sure in my heart and I am soooo sad to know I will never be able to have another baby.... If you had it done how many kids do you have, and does any part of you regret it?

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I have 5 and it was still a hard decission to make. Even though I knew no more kids was the right thing for me and my family there is something sad about realizing there will never be more babies. But I am over it now, and glad I won't have more. 5 is plenty!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:05 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• I had mine done after the last baby. We have 3 and are thankful for each of them but I had my heart set on one more. It's still sad 2 years later to think there will be no more babies but Im at peace with it as all of mine were HIGH RISK and all in the NICU. At some point I just had to say it wasnt worth the risk. HUGS!! There are other ways of having more if you want :)
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think it was easier for us because I had just gone through a very traumatic pregnancy and we knew we couldn't go through it again, risking my life and the baby's life. My husband did it the day after our youngest was born. If it had been under normal circumstances, I think it would have been harder to cope with. Give it some time. Especially as your children get older and you start moving into the next phases, it will get easier.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Hugs I promise it gets easier. And lets you cherich the last one a bit more since you know its the last. Count every single day as an extra blesssing, its bittersweet sometimes especially now as my "baby" is about to turn 2. ,But you have a great wonderful family when there are osme that cannot as we all know. You will get baby fever lol I still do but it gets better!!
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 5:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm considering essure, I'm almost 40 and we're one and done... I just don't want to be the hormones anymore, but my doctor really wants me to think about it. I've got other issues too, since my mom is an ovarian cancer survivor, I've already had one ovary removed and my mom tested positive for the BRCA 1 gene, which means I may have it as well, and my risks for ovarian cancer would be even higher...
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• My husband had a vasectomy five years ago (I have medical problems and didn't want to go through another surgery when it was so easy for him). We have two children and I don't regret it. It's weird because sometimes when I see moms pregnant or with newborns, there's an odd sense of relief that I'm past the worry that comes with those stages.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I had Essure done too, last year. I LOVE it. I am SOOOO happy about it. I do not regret it one bit.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:43 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I suppose I will reach that sense of relief one day but right now it's all still so new to me its just upsetting right now ( my youngest is only 7 weeks)... but I know I made the right choice.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Comment by SWEETPEAS3MOM (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Our last was scary too that was another reason for our decision, his heart stopped beating and I had to have an emergency c-section =(
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Comment by SWEETPEAS3MOM (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I put the mirena in today. It is 5years in and then we tie tubes. I know we are done. Our son completes our family! It feels good except for the pain like contractions I am having. Only temporary.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2010