• In the Spotlight:

I forgot to add to my last question. My baby is in breech position at 29 weeks.

I had my appointment yesterday.I am 29 weeks. My doctor said it feels like my baby is in breech position. No big cause for concern right now. Which from where I am feelin the little kicks it makes sense. He said there is still time for her to turn around.
If she doesn't turn around how can she move or can I do anything to get her to move because I don't want to have to do a C-section at delivery? Is it hard, is there anything I can do? What is the process if any?

mgurl

Asked by mgurl at 12:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i think they can move the baby manually but it hurts a lot. i wouldnt panic right now cuz u still got 10 weeks for her to move into position and thats plenty of time
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• My 3rd was breech, my midwife told me do pelvic lifts whe u lay on floor with 2 pillows under ur butt knees bent and arms flat at ur sides,also swim do handstands in the water supposed to help baby move. I tried this as I Did Not wana be cut, but by 36weeks she hadn't turned so I was admitted for a Version,basically with no drugs they physically,non-invasively move ur baby around(its Not fun) but I was strong and I beared the pain! once they had her head down I had to immediately stay on my feet and walk around no more baths only showers,no more swimming either to naturally encourage her to STAY down! I went into labour at 41weeks and she was not engaged but still head down!they made me get on all fours to make her engage 3 hours later she did! Going natural is really painful but long term I think it healthier for baby and u! Discuss ur options wit ur doctor and Good Luck!
    luschram

Answer by luschram at 1:27 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

• different laboring positions , chiropractor, dr can manually turn baby.. Or deliver a breech.. That is not a reason for a c-section.. Do some research it will help ease your mind!! GL you have plenty of time..
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 8, 2008