Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Under what circumstances would you attempt to terminate paternal rights?

Answer Question

Asked by ayindemommy at 12:46 PM on Oct. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • If the parent in question is abusive or has nothing to do with the child then I would have their rights terminated.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • In most states, they will not terminate parental rights unless someone else wants to adopt the child (or the child has been taken away by the state and parents will not be getting child back). They won't do it no matter how bad a father dad, even if mom has all custody and dad is denied visitation, they still want to see child support collected.

    Answer by riotgrrl at 1:12 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

  • If I feared for the childs well being, whether physical or mental

    Answer by Sammieanne at 2:16 PM on Oct. 8, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.