Do you think that couples counseling books could help a relationship?

noahsmommy12908

Asked by noahsmommy12908 at 4:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• IDK, but Dr Phil's Relationship Rescue is supposedly very good. There is a workbook with it that the couple works on together also.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• If you actually do what it says and take it seriously- yes, I do.
    faithnseansmama

Answer by faithnseansmama at 4:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think it all depends.You can try a book.If it doesn't seem to help, then you need to see a therapist.And remember...If your partner doesn't want to go, you go anyway.Hope this helps!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 4:41 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• They will work for married couples.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think that they would as long as both partners are willing to do the work necessary to help the relationship
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think they can, but like some people have said, it takes both partners to make it work. I tried the Relationship Rescue and my husband was not interested in saving our marriage. To him, it's just over. I kept trying for months, and it's just now hitting me that it's really over and he really does want a divorce. I'm babbling about me. I know people here and from other forum sites that have gotten a lot of help from books. It takes a lot of effort, and you can't just do it for a day or two. You have to commit to it daily. Even if it doesn't save your current relationship, it can help you personally in the long run and prepare you in case things ever get rocky in a future relationship. I disagree with NannyB who said that they will work for married couples. They don't always work for married couples and they can work for unmarried couples. It just depends on how badly you both want it to work. Good luck hun. Keep me updated.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Only if you do/read them together.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 5:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think it all depends on the oppinions of the people in the relationship...if your both into it then im sure they can but i know some people dont take things like that seriously and if they dont then i dont see them being very helpful.
    accdmj

Answer by accdmj at 3:18 PM on Aug. 21, 2010