is build-a bear a good party idea for a 1 year old birthday? build a bear is a place where kids can go and make their own bears :)

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 4:53 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• actually that is what we did for our daughters 1st birth day. It wasn't a huge party, just us. Her "snuggly bear" had an anforunent accident and had to be disposed of a few days before her birthday, so for her birthday we took her there to build a new "snuggly bear". It was fun... allthough.. 2 yrs later the bear looks like it was dragged through a war zone.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:29 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• The one-year-old won't really get any benefit from it, I'd take that into consideration.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• here's my opinion on that - sure your kid will get a nice bear but she won't remember the experience. So if you're wanting to pay all that money just so your guests get a bear and have a great time, then do it.

I'm saving build a bear for when my kids are like 5 or 6
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 4:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It depends but usually my kids like litterally didnt enjoy themselves they wanted to be looking around more than anything lol at that age
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 4:55 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Honestly...not for a one year olds party, no. One year olds need something that will be active, running around,playing. It would be a good one on one thing for a parent or family member with just one one year old. But not many for a party.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:57 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No I'd rent a bounce house and call it good.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We did it for my nieces 5th birthday party and I thought it wasn't that great...there was just too much going on around us for the kids to even pay attention to it....also for the price you pay..the party is done so fast (lasted about a 20 minutes? tops??)...so not only do you have to pay for everyones bears...but then a party afterwards.
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 12:44 AM on Aug. 21, 2010

• No, a 1-year old is too young for that. I wouldn't consider it for anyone under the age of 5.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:04 AM on Aug. 21, 2010