What is your religious/spiritual belief and how did you come to believing that?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 4:56 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm an Eclectic Pagan. I simply followed what I knew in my heart and went from there...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I am a spiritual atheist.....I began to follow my heart as opposed to blindly following what my parents pushed on me when I became an adult.
    It has never led me in the wrong direction as of yet.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm a Roman Catholic - I was raised in both the catholic and russian orthodox churches. In college and grad school, the catholic community became a real home and blessing to me and I feel that catholicism best fits my spirituality and spiritual needs. I have had so many instances in my life that my faith has gotten me through and I have truly felt the presence of God in my life. My husband is Methodist and our child was baptized Methodist although they do attend mass with me and I attend service with them. Our family works best this way.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 5:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm a believer in God. Not a follower of any single/one religious belief. I was raised HIndu, and I live in a Sikh Household though.

I do not follow one specific religion because I have yet to find 1 that I whole heartedly, undeniably, without question, believe every single tenent that they teach/preach. I have yet to find 1 that I can whole heartedly, in all honesty, and with full committment, follow/adhere to all tenents in that religion faithfully and justly.

I would/could never claim to follow or be a believer/follower in any religion, that I'm not able to say with 100% of my heart, that I fully and totally believe 100% in that specific religion and all that it teaches/preaches. There are too many people who do that already that.

I have found, beauty, truth, solace, wisdom, quidance..etc... In most of all the worlds' major religions.

Therefore I am a believer in God.. Not a believer/follower of religion.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm a Christian Universalist, and I've come to that belief because I was raised in a open minded Christian home, and have spent time studying the faiths of the world, which has helped me come to believe in the validity and equality of the different faiths, and has led me to pulling from all sorts of different religions in my own personal faith.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Critical thinking led me to atheism.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I was raised Catholic and Baptist. I am still a Christian, but I do not go to church. There are some things that I do not agree with when it comes to organized religion. I believe that God is everywhere, and I can pray to him from anywhere.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm Eclectic Pagan. I was raised Christian, but it never felt right. I was introduced to Wicca when I was 9 and started researching religions then. Since then I've grown to know myself, my heart, and what feels right for me on every level. It took a lot of work to get here and to figure out exactly what I did and did not believe in, but when I finally did get here, I felt 100 times better about myself, life, etc.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:32 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I am a spiritual person who believes in God. What is God ? Of that I am not sure. It is belief in everlasting life? Is it belief in a creator. Is it the belief in a eternity of heaven or hell?And how about pergatory? Is this life not the real final exam? If you don't believe any of that , what do you suppose happens to the soul after death? I have more questions than answers. I truly wish I did not believe in God But there is no choice for me. I have been at too many bedsides when the body and soul seperate. Now I wish I had written this as a journal entry. I could go on and on!!!!!
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 5:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I am a Christian who was chosen by God, regenerated by the Holy Spirit, and justified by Christ. I came to my beliefs through the work of the Holy Spirit.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010