is it wrong for a teen to have a baby shower?

ok so my neice is prego,and shes 13 now i dont condone teen pregnancys but her mom,& a few other family members dont think its apropriate for a 13 year old to have a baby shower they think a baby shower is a celebration and at 13 she has nothing to celebrate
and i out of all people dont condone in teen pregnancys but do you think its wrong for a 13 year old to have a baby shower? i honestly dont think theres nothing wrong with it

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 5:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it not for her its for the baby and the baby can get the things he or she needs i would have her one
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• WOW 13? I was 16 almost 17 and I had a baby shower but 13 wow.....
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• NO! A baby shower doesn't condone teen pregnancy, but celebrates the baby. She's already pregnant, so there isn't anything that is going to change that now. To refuse to celebrate the baby just because the mother is 13 is just rude!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think that Baby showers sound like (We don't tend to have them in the UK) you get useful items/advice from them. So I think a 13 year old would need one more than most.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 5:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Im kind of 50-50 with this. If they dont mind having to pay for everything, then I guess there is no point in having a baby shower? I guess it really depends on the family.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 5:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• i'd trump that question by saying i don't think a 13 year old should have a baby.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 5:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I agree with the post so far.
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• what are they planning on doing, keeping her locked in the house until the baby comes out?? please, the baby still needs things, and why not celebrate?!?! no, its not an ideal situation, but how many are?? not many!!
    her family is whack.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think it's fine to have a baby shower. She needs help now more than ever. A baby shower would show her people still care about her and the baby. I think it's wrong to deny her the chance to have a baby shower. I'm sure she has enough guilt as it is and she's going to have a tough time once the baby is here.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Well...is it condoning teen pregnancy? No, I don't think so. But the fact is..she IS pregnant and she IS having a baby. Wether anyone likes it or not...thats her situation. Obviously they have opted that she will be keeping the baby..not giving it up for adoption. So, this baby now needs to be acceptedas a member and as a part of the family. And..more than anyone else..I am gathering that a 13 year old will needs lots of things for the baby..she certainly can't do it on her own.So a baby shower would be beneficial. She has a long hard road waitign before her..let her have a happy day is what I say.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2010