For those that had Baby Showers...

Did you have them before or after the baby was born?
Did you have one for each child or just the first?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had one before with my first. After my second was born I had a home coming bbq instead of a shower. People still brought gifts though, even though I didn't ask them too. So it was nice! And it wasn't gender oriented either. Everyone was welcome.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 5:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I had them for all and if you know the sex of the baby do it before if not I would wait :)
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 5:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I only have one child, and I had his baby shower a few weeks before my scheduled c-section. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:08 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• before..one by my dh's family, and one by my friends.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:10 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I had mines b4 my son was born...but lately the younger generation is doing it after the baby is born...either way its cool...as long as you get stuff for the baby
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 5:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• When I had my first son, my shower was actually after because he was born 3 weeks early. My girlfriends at work had one for me when I was preggers with third, because he came 11 years later and they knew I had nothing in the baby department! LOL...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• It's okay to do it either way, but before the baby gets you stuff you'll use b4 the baby comes. Diaper parties are great too! When we had our dau, I had enough diapers to last a year- and wipes for 4 mths! Plus little swimmers.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:13 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• before, and i had one for each mainly because we are military, and we have new friends each time who want to throw one! Thanks girls!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• before the baby came (at 7 months). One given by family for our first and one given by new friends in a new area we had moved to for the second.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I had mine before my son and daughter were born.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 5:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010