WHY?

Why do you like baing a SAHM?
Why do you like being a working mom?
Why do you like having alot of kiddos?
Why do you like only having a few?
Why do any of us feel that our way is right and the others is wrong?
The fact is that I do think that a mom should stay home with teh kids if she doesn't HAVE to work, and I have alot of kiddos beacuse i leave that up to God! That does not make me right or wrong! Jsut curious how you feel!

JoLee12345

Asked by JoLee12345 at 5:12 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Why do you like baing a SAHM? N/A...but I would love it because time with my kids means the most to me.
    Why do you like being a working mom? The money I make allows me to provide them with nice things..pool, trampoline, private schools et.
    Why do you like having alot of kiddos? I have 5 kids and wouldn't change a thing. My kids are very close to me and to each other.
    Why do you like only having a few? N/A
    Why do any of us feel that our way is right and the others is wrong? I don't feel this...I mind my own biz. I do what is best for me and mine.
    The fact is that I do think that a mom should stay home with teh kids if she doesn't HAVE to work, and I have alot of kiddos beacuse i leave that up to God! That does not make me right or wrong! Jsut curious how you feel! I don't work because I love to be away from my kids, I work to provide for them, and I am an awesome mom. I only have kids I can support.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:03 AM on Aug. 23, 2010

• Why do you like baing a SAHM?Because I love being the one to take care of my children
    Why do you like being a working mom?When I was a working mom, I enjoyed my job and making money of course :)
    Why do you like having alot of kiddos?I don't think I have a LOT.But I like the ones I have..just cuz :)
    Why do you like only having a few?I just like my kids..not all the time but most of the time,haha :)
    Why do any of us feel that our way is right and the others is wrong?If I thought MY way was wrong, I wouldnt be doing it, I really don't care what anyone else does ...unless they are abusing thier child, then I care.

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:16 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm a SAHM because I feel it's best for my son to be in my care. It's also not only for him. It's for me too. I cherish and love these days with him. He's growing so quickly and the thought of missing these precious, every day moments breaks my heart. I only have one child now, but once he starts school in about 4 years, I plan on having another. Then, that baby will have my full attention during the day, just like my son has it now. It's a personal choice and I have nothing against moms that work. I know that some have to work, and I know that some don't enjoy staying home. Being a SAHM isn't for everyone. It can be both physically and mentally exhausting at times. The lack of adult interaction can be the roughest. That's probably why I come on Cafemom, lol. Maybe one day I'll go back to work, but it's definitely in the distant future. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:18 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Why do you like baing a SAHM? I don't
    Why do you like being a working mom? Adult interaction
    Why do you like having alot of kiddos? I don't
    Why do you like only having a few? Their easier to deal with and more affordable
    Why do any of us feel that our way is right and the others is wrong? I don't
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Why do you like baing a SAHM? Never been one, so I have no opinion.
    Why do you like being a working mom? It's part of who I am. I love what I do, and I'm proud of the fact that I have worked hard to get where I am in my career.
    Why do you like having alot of kiddos? Definitely not for me.
    Why do you like only having a few? My youngest is finally out of diapers and I have no desire to go back. Our family feels complete with 2 children. I want to be able to focus my attention on just two children instead of having it spread over more.
    Why do any of us feel that our way is right and the others is wrong? My way is right for me and my family. I don't care what anyone else thinks about my choices. I also don't care what anyone else chooses - their family, their business.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Why do you like being a SAHM? I don't like being a SAHM, even though I am.
    Why do you like being a working mom? I enjoy the independence, the adult interaction and the extra income.
    Why do you like only having a few? Because it fits my family.
    Why do any of us feel that our way is right and the others is wrong? I don't feel others are wrong, just that they are wrong for me.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Why do you like baing a SAHM? Why do you like being a working mom?

Actually I'm a work from home mom. lol.  It's okay. I live at my parents house... in the summer they live off their boat, and have two businesses.  So basically in the summer I live here with just my brother and my daughter.  In the winter (from oct-march) it's a little more cramped but they have a large house.  I work for them and house sit basically for room and board. Just finished school, and am finishing my exams. And currently am pregnant, so will work for them while I take a few more advanced classes waiting until the baby is born before I go back to work outside of the home.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:05 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• likes: I get to spend time with my daughter, I make my own hours (like while she is sleeping, etc), and can continue my education, and don't have to worry about day care expenses.

dislikes: I miss being around other people in an outside of the house work environment and sometimes I deal with a little cabin fever, lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:07 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Why do you like having alot of kiddos? Why do you like only having a few? Why do any of us feel that our way is right and the others is wrong?

I have one kid (she's 2) and another on the way (one vacation away, and protection failed, but it is what it is and I welcome the baby with loving arms).   I do plan on using a more permanent form of protection after this kid (like my tubes tied or something similar) because 2 is all the kids I ever wanted. I don't feel my way is the right way, lol, I actually don't think it's right at all. With my daughter things were going great for a while and then a bunch of things fell into my lap and it was overload. So we had to take a step back.  (and like I said baby number 2 wasn't planned exactly). But it is what it is, and you move forward.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:11 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• "The fact is that I do think that a mom should stay home with teh kids if she doesn't HAVE to work, and I have alot of kiddos beacuse i leave that up to God! That does not make me right or wrong! Jsut curious how you feel!"

I'm not sure I would like to stay at home either way after the kids were in school, even if I could afford to. I like having my own life as well and think I would be bored at home all day with only house cleaning to do. I'm a person that craves interaction, but I'm not the type that is really into home schooling either...
    But then again, i wish I could spend it with them before they start school because I think it's a great bonding experience and I love my kid(s).

I guess it depends on the person, everyone has their own wants and needs and so long as the kids are provided for and loved, that should be all that matters.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:15 PM on Aug. 20, 2010