What do you think of Southern People?

When I met my husband, who is from a different state and myself from Louisiana. He thought that I was living in a swamp, had to take a boat to get to my house. LOL. What is your idea of a southern person?

MKSers

Asked by MKSers at 5:17 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• LOL... My husband is from Louisiana and I am from Ohio.... We live in Ohio... I have had to listen to him bitch for 17 years about the damn Lake Effect Snow!... ROFLMAO... I swear it took me years to figure out what a flippin bayou was and what the difference between a parish and a county is.... cracks me up. He doesn't have an accent but his sister who still lives down there does. I can barely understand a thing she says.... For me the south or anything below the Ohio River is like a foreign country... LOL...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• We are some awesome a$$ peoples.  Just sayin'.

mamadee1971

Answer by mamadee1971 at 5:24 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I think of them as having the best fried chicken, the best apple pies and a cute accent,lol.

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:19 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I believe Southern people, including those from Appalachia, are the most wonderful and TRUSTWORTHY people I have ever met. They have been exploited and very badly misrepresented.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 5:23 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'm originally from Illinois and my dh is from Oklahoma. We met in the Navy, and I'm staying with his family while he's deployed. My idea of southern people now is totally different from the one I used to have. I have met some of the most selfless and caring people (my in-laws included) that I have met in my entire life. Great food, wonderful people, awesome lifestyle. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I go back to city life lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:58 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I tend to think of southern hospitality and old-fashioned values. Both are things which I have myself, though I'm not from the south. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 5:20 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Are we talking dueling banjos southern- or just grits and y'all southern? Frankly I think most are friendly- but no offense, I wouldn't want my surgeon to have a southern drawl.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:21 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Family. I'm a Kentucky girl!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I kinda like them since I am one and have reared three to adulthood. My son visits Atlantic City occasionally. He loves telling how much money he wins. He says people from "Up north thinks he's stupid because he has a southern drawl. He even embelishes it!
    KISS1224

Answer by KISS1224 at 5:25 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Reba Mcintire
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 5:26 PM on Aug. 20, 2010