Should I ATTEND

ok here's the deal...my SO does not get along with my sister...so everytime she have something at her house he doesnt attend, now his sister is giving a baby shower at her house and i dnt really care for his sister but i always attend her functions...now i'm feeling like why should i go out my way for his family when he is quick to say "you know i'm not going" bcuz i dnt care for your sister...My question is should i attend the baby shower that his sister is giving...or play tic for tac...and jus send a gift

TezMoM

Asked by TezMoM at 5:27 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• If you honestly dont want to go, then dont. You can have your SO take the kids. But I wouldnt do it just out of spite. If you honestly dont get along with his sister, then dont go. But why cause friction in your family? I think your SO needs to get over his problem with your sister, and vice versa. If you guys plan on staying together, then you have to accept his family and he has to do the same. GL to you.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 5:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Don't be petty. Go to the shower if you were invited.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• She invited you, I would just go. If he wants to be immature..fine but you don't have to. Family is family...
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:34 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Do you really not want to go? Or are you just wanting to even the score? I'm not being mean, lol, just earnestly asking. Is there any other reason not to want to go? I mean, you said you don't really care for her, but do you at least get along with her and his family? If you do, and there isn't any real issue, I would go. You don't want to alienate anyone or do anything to negatively effect your relationships with other people when it seems like your real problem is with your husband and the way he doesn't get along with your sister... But that's just me.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:36 PM on Aug. 20, 2010