Whenever you help someone do you expect them to pay you back?

I mean the whole point in helping someone is because you want to and I just don't think helping someone should come with a price. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Aug. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, I dont expect to be paid back for helping someone. Unless, the person borrows money or something like that and say they will pay it back.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 5:29 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• no. If I'm doing it,I'm doing it because they need me. My family on the other hand won't help you unless you turn around and help them twice as much.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Expect them to..no.
    Would be nice if they did :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 5:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No I don't expect to be paid back when I help someone. I do beleive that one good deed deserves another, so one way or another I know that I'll be helped when needed.

Also it always feels good to help others when needed.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 5:33 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• I'd never expect them to pay me back unless it was a money thing.
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 5:35 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No, I wouldn't expect a payback.
    sanibelblueyezz

Answer by sanibelblueyezz at 5:38 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• When I do things from people it's from the kindness of my heart, so no, I don't expect anything in return. If I'm borrowing somebody money and they agree to repay me, then that is different. While I'm happy to help people if they need to borrow money, I don't have enough money just to throw around lol. If someone agrees to pay me back and they don't, I don't just feel like they are taking from me, but that they are taking from my family and that is hurtful.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 5:39 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• Nope.

I do things for people because I want to, because I choose to, and because I'm really selfish I like the way helping others makes me feel.

I do not help in hopes or expectations of reciprocation. That's pointless to me. Doing things simply because you hope for, want, or expect something in return usuallly leads to disappointment and harsh feelings.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:44 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• no... never.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 6:00 PM on Aug. 20, 2010

• No, not for helping. If it's like an arrangement for babysitting, that's one thing. But if someone needs help, then no way. Lending money, yes, they need to pay it back though.
    Although, when someone helps me, I always feel the need to do something in return. I always feel I should do something, even if it's small.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:42 PM on Aug. 20, 2010